- Leave your bandage/wrap on until instructed by your artist. If using TEGADERM, try to keep on for 3-7 days. If you take the tegaderm off , follow regular tattoo aftercare.
- Wash your tattoo after removing the bandage/wrap. Wash your tattoo thoroughly (but carefully) using warm water and an unscented and alcohol-free soap 2-3 times a day.
- Pat your tattoo and let it dry after cleaning it. Use a clean paper towel to dry your tattoo by gently patting the area, do not rub! Let tattoo “breathe” for 15 minutes.
- Apply a thin layer of lotion. After cleaning your tattoo, ensure the area is completely dry before applying a very thin layer of unscented lotion. If there is too much lotion, your pores can get clogged and the area can break out and affect the healing of the tattoo.
- Repeat the cleaning process until the tattoo is fully healed. (usually 2-4 weeks).
- Don’t pick and pull at the flaking/scabbing skin. Picking away at your healing tattoo can delay healing, cause fading, and increase the chances of infection.
- Stay away from the sun. Don’t expose your new tattoo to intense sunlight and don’t apply any sun lotion to the area until it has fully healed.
- Stay away from water. Bodies of water can contain bacteria that can ruin a new tattoo. Stick to short showers until your skin has fully healed, and don’t go swimming.
- Continue to look after your tattoo. Keep your tattoo protected from the sun and ensure you continue to moisturize the area regularly. Healthy skin means a healthy-looking tattoo.
If your tattoo doesn't heal correctly, we will honor a free touch for up to a year.